Microsoft KB Archive/58245
Article ID: 58245
Article Last Modified on 1/18/2007
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2001 for Mac
- Microsoft Excel 98 for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q58245
Named ranges that are included within a Sort area do not change when the area is sorted. The defined names still refer to their original references.
Defined names refer to a cell reference and not to the cell contents specifically. When performing a Data Sort, you are only sorting the contents of the cells. Because of this, a defined name may not be referencing the same data after a sort.
Additional query words: xl97 xl98 xl2000 xl2001 xl2002
Keywords: kbinfo KB58245