Microsoft KB Archive/57877
Article ID: 57877
Article Last Modified on 2/27/2007
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0a
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0b
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.0
This article was previously published under Q57877
IMPORTANT: All Microsoft Mail version 2.00 customers who have gateways installed should be using the "MS Mail GW" file version 2.00b and the "Microsoft Mail Server" file version 2.00b, both of which are located in the System Folder of the Mail server. An updated "MS Mail GW" file is available through Microsoft End User Sales and Service at (800) 426-9400 or Microsoft International Customer Service at (206) 936-8661, but ONLY for customers using the AppleLink Gateway to Microsoft Mail. Customers using other gateways must obtain an updated "MS Mail GW" file from the developer of the gateway they are using. The Microsoft Mail server upgrade can also be obtained at the above numbers.
The following is important information to know and consider when adding users to a gateway account:
- You cannot add a group to a gateway account to give everyone in the group access to the gateway. This feature is not supported. You must add each user individually. See #2 below for more information.
- When you click the Define button in the Define Gateway Accounts window, the name that is highlighted in the list of users is the "default user." This user receives all of the mail coming into the gateway from the external mail service for that account. If the default user is a group, everyone in the group receives a copy of the mail message.
Additional query words: 2.00 2.00a 2.00b 3.00