Microsoft KB Archive/57849
Article ID: 57849
Article Last Modified on 2/26/2007
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0a
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0b
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.0
This article was previously published under Q57849
IMPORTANT: All Microsoft Mail version 2.00 customers who have gateways installed should be using the "MS Mail GW" file version 2.00b and the "Microsoft Mail Server" file version 2.00b, both of which are located in the System Folder of the Mail server. An updated "MS Mail GW" file is available through Microsoft End User Sales and Service at (800) 426-9400 or Microsoft International Customer Service at (206) 936-8661. but ONLY for customers using the AppleLink Gateway to Microsoft Mail. Customers using other gateways must obtain an updated "MS Mail GW" file from the developer of the gateway they are using. The Microsoft Mail server upgrade can also be obtained at the above numbers. Before creating an AppleLink gateway recipient, the AppleLink gateway must have previously been installed on the Microsoft Mail server by using the Gateway Installer program.
To create an AppleLink gateway recipient, do the following:
- Sign in as Network Manager.
- From the Mail menu, choose Gateway Recipients to bring up the Define Gateway Recipients window.
- Click the icon for the AppleLink gateway.
- Make sure the Add Recipient radio button is selected.
- Fill in the information for the following:
- Name - This is the name of the user on AppleLink that has the AppleLink mail address below. The name in the Name field appears in the All list in the Address Mail window for Mail users with accounts on the AppleLink gateway server and any associated gateway-access servers.
- AppleLink mail address - The address on AppleLink to be used. A typical AppleLink address might be D4751 or a name, such as John.Doe.
- Click the Add button. To define more recipients, repeat steps 5 and 6 or click the close box of the Define Gateway Recipients window to exit.
Additional query words: 2.00 2.00a 2.00b 3.00