Microsoft KB Archive/57848
Article ID: 57848
Article Last Modified on 2/21/2007
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0a
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0b
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.0
This article was previously published under Q57848
IMPORTANT: All Microsoft Mail version 2.0 customers who have gateways installed should be using the "MS Mail GW" file version 2.0b and the "Microsoft Mail Server" file version 2.0b, both of which are located in the System Folder of the Mail server. An updated "MS Mail GW" file is available through Microsoft End User Sales and Service at (800) 426-9400 or Microsoft International Customer Service at (206) 936-8661 but ONLY for customers using the AppleLink Gateway to Microsoft Mail. Customers using other gateways must obtain an updated "MS Mail GW" file from the developer of the gateway they are using. The Microsoft Mail server upgrade can also be obtained at the above numbers. Before creating an AppleLink gateway account, the AppleLink gateway must have previously been installed on the Microsoft Mail server by using the Gateway Installer program.
To create an AppleLink gateway account, do the following:
- Sign in as Network Manager.
- From the Mail menu, choose Gateway Accounts to bring up the Define Gateway Accounts window. In Mail version 3.0, choose Gateway from the Mail menu, then select Accounts.
- Click the icon for the AppleLink gateway.
- Fill in the information for the following:
- Name - In the case of the AppleLink gateway, the account name is used only to identify accounts.
- AppleLink mail address - The address on AppleLink to be used. A typical AppleLink address might be D4751 or a name, such as John.Doe.
- AppleLink password - The password of the above AppleLink mail address.
- Click the Add User button to bring up the Define Account Members window to add users to the account. In some cases, you will add one user per AppleLink gateway account. In other cases, such as a small company that has only one AppleLink account, you will give many users access to the account. Click the Close button to exit the Define Account Members window when done.
- Highlight the user or group name that will receive all incoming gateway mail for this account. For more information, query on the following keywords:
default and user
- Click the Define button. To create more accounts, repeat steps 4 through 7, or click the close box of the Define Gateway Accounts window to exit.
Additional query words: 2.00 2.00a 2.00b 3.00