Microsoft KB Archive/57434
PowerPoint: MORE or ThinkTank Files to PowerPoint Notes PSS ID Number: Q57434 Article last modified on 06-03-1991 PSS database name: M_PowerPt
1.00 1.01 2.00 2.01
Note: The following procedure only works with version 1.x of More. However, a More 2.x or 3.x outline can be saved in 1.x format and then imported into PowerPoint. The ability to import More 2.x and 3.x outlines is under review for inclusion in a future release of PowerPoint.
To transfer a MORE or ThinkTank file into Microsoft PowerPoint notes, do the following:
- Open a new presentation in PowerPoint.
- From the File menu, choose Page Setup to set the paper size and orientation (remember that the orientation of the notes pages is the opposite of the slides).
- From the View menu, choose Notes Master and set the location and size of the default slide miniature on the notes pages. Also add any other features, such as page numbers, date and time of print, borders, etc.
- From the View menu, choose Notes.
- On notes page #1, draw a word processing box. From the Text menu, choose Show Text Ruler and Line Spacing to set the indents, tabs, and line spacing for the outline. Then, from the Text menu, choose Set As Default.
- From the View menu, choose Slide Sorter or Title Sorter and put the insertion point where the new notes are to be positioned.
- From the File menu, choose Paste From. Select the MORE or ThinkTank file to be opened as notes and click Open.
- When the dialog box appears, choose the option to create notes pages, and click OK.
For more information, see pages 142-143 in the “PowerPoint User’s Manual” for version 1.0 or pages 204-208 in the “Microsoft PowerPoint User’s Manual” for version 2.0.
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1991.