Microsoft KB Archive/57403
Word: Using User Dictionaries from Word 3.0x in Word 4.00
PSS ID Number: Q57403 Article last modified on 03-07-1997
====================================================================== 3.00 3.01 3.02 4.00 MACINTOSH kbusage
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Word for the Macintosh, versions 3.0 , 3.01, 3.02, 4.0|
User dictionaries created in Word for the Macintosh versions 3.00, 3.01, and 3.02 can be used with the spelling checker in Word version 4.00. Follow the steps below to access user dictionaries created in Word 3.0x:
- Open the document that needs to have its spelling checked.
- Select Spelling from the Utilities menu.
- With the Spelling dialog box active, select Open from the File menu.
- Open the Word 3.0x user dictionary. The dictionary name will appear under MS Dictionary and User1.
- Continue the spell checking process.
Word 4.00 will remember the location of up to three user dictionaries, including those created with Word 3.0x.
KBCategory: kbusage KBSubCategory: kbproof Additional reference words: macword macword5 ====================================================================== ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1997.