Microsoft KB Archive/57256
DocuComp: Absolute Top/Bottom Margins in Word PSS ID Number: Q57256 Article last modified on 08-17-1993 PSS database name: APpsConV
In DocuComp, while printing a Composite file to either an ImageWriter or a LaserWriter, overlapping typed lines may appear at the top or bottom of the page. This will occur if one or both of the files compared by DocuComp has a negative (absolute) top/bottom margin.
To correct this problem, do the following:
- In DocuComp, save the Composite file. (From the File menu, choose Save.) The document will be saved in RTF file format.
- Quit DocuComp and open Microsoft Word for the Macintosh.
- From the File menu, choose Open, and select the Composite file.
- When Word asks “Interpret RTF Text?”, click the Yes button.
- From the File menu, choose Print and print the document normally. The text will not be overlapped when the document is printed.
Advanced Software, the makers of DocuComp, have confirmed that this is a limitation/problem with DocuComp and are researching this problem.
Additional reference words: 4.00 5.00 4.0 5.0 1.00 1.0
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1993.