To export a Microsoft Excel worksheet to MORE II, do the following:
- Save the Excel worksheet as Text Only.
- Open MORE II.
- Make sure that the Plain Text Filter is located in the System Folder.
- From MORE's File menu, choose Open (to create a new untitled document) or Receive From (to import into the current document).
Note that individual selections can be copied and pasted into MORE's bullet charts (either text or graphics) and tree charts (as text only).
To export an Excel chart to MORE II, do the following:
- Select the Excel chart.
- From the Edit menu, choose Copy.
- Paste the chart into MORE II.
Note: Excel cannot save charts as PICT files. Charts can be pasted into MORE outlines and bullet and tree charts.
- Each row from Excel is treated as a subheading. These subheadings will contain each column element separated by a tab. The resulting MORE document will have as many headings as rows that were exported from Excel.
- MORE cannot distinguish levels in text files. This means that the first row will be be at a given level (level one if Open was used, or the level of the current selection if Receive From was used) and the following rows will be one indentation (or one subheading) lower than the first record.
- Text files can be imported only into MORE's outline format (and not as bullet or tree charts).