To invert the colors of a chart in Microsoft Excel version 2.20, do the following (note that a SE/30 screen does not display the fonts in inverted colors, but will print in inverted colors):
- Create a chart, either from a worksheet or by building your own series formula.
- Select the background area and border by clicking somewhere outside of the chart, but within the window. The larger selection can be noted by the circles that appear just around the chart.
- From the Format menu, choose Patterns.
- Apply a color to the area, or select Black.
- Make any other desired changes and choose OK.
- Select the actual area of the chart, for example, a piece of the pie, one of the columns, etc., and choose Patterns from the Format menu.
- Select white for the area. Choose OK.
- Select the category axis and choose Font from the Format menu.
- Select Outline. Choose OK.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 for the value axis.
Note: The output from a Macintosh Plus, SE, or color monitor prints as it appears on the screen.