Microsoft KB Archive/51051
Works: Location of 2.00e Patch on Information Services PSS ID Number: Q51051 Article last modified on 05-14-1993 PSS database name: M_WorKs
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Works for the Macintosh, version 2.0|
Microsoft Works versions 2.00 and 2.00a will not run on the Macintosh IIci. A patch is available on the most popular information services for downloading.
This patch was posted to the appropriate MS forums on CompuServe and GEnie. It was also posted to the OnLine Software/Data Library.
For CompuServe, the patch is at the following path:
- At the opening CompuServe prompt, type “GO MSAPP” (without the quotation marks). This will take you to the Microsoft Applications forum.
- Press 3 for Libraries.
- Press 5 for Works for the Mac.
- Press 4 for Download.
- When asked for the file name, type “WK200E.SEA” (without quotes).
- Choose the appropriate transfer protocol, such as XMODEM, and download the file. Exactly how this is done depends on the modem and communications software being used.
The downloaded file is a self-extracting archive (SEA). To access it, simply double-click on the icon and saved the enclosed file(s) to disk.
For GEnie, type “M 505 3” at any “?” prompt and then follow these directions:
- Type “3” to go into the libraries and press RETURN.
- Type “10” to set the appropriate library and press RETURN.
- Type “10” for Applications for the Macintosh and press RETURN.
- Type “3” to search and press RETURN.
- Type “patch” and then press RETURN.
- Press RETURN twice.
- The needed file is “909 WRKS200EPATCH.SIT”. You must use the STUFFIT utility to decompress this file.
For OnLine, this patch (WRKS200E) can be found in the Software/Data Library by searching on the word WRKS200E, the Q number of this article, or S12449. WRKS200E was archived using the Compact Pro file-compression utility. You will need Compact Pro or Extractor to unarchive this file.
For AppleLink, the patch is in the “Third Party Software Update Folder” located in the “Third Party Connection” icon.
For MacNet, the patch is in the … Forums:Personal Computers: The Macintosh:Mac Symposium:File Libraries:Business.
For USENET, the patch is archived at the Stanford SUMEX archive site.
A patched version will be put into all new units being manufactured. Customers who do not have electronic accounts can call Microsoft End User Sales and Service at (800) 426-9400 or Microsoft International Customer Service at (206) 936-8661 to get an updated version.
Additional reference words: 2.00 noupd mwksfix
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1993.