Microsoft KB Archive/49856
“Styles Formatting” Application Note
PSS ID Number: Q49856 Article last modified on 03-07-1997
====================================================================== 3.00 3.01 3.02 4.00 5.00 MACINTOSH kbusage kbappnote
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Word for the Macintosh, versions 3.0 , 3.01, 3.02, 4.0 5.0|
The information below describes why it is important to distinguish between manually applied character and paragraph formatting and formatting applied using the styles feature of Microsoft Word for the Macintosh versions 3.0, 3.01, 3.02, 4.0, and 5.0. More detailed information is available in a Microsoft Word application note titled “MW0168: Styles Formatting.”
You can obtain this Application Note from the following sources:
- Microsoft Download Service (MSDL)
- Microsoft FastTips Technical Library
- Microsoft Product Support Services
For complete information, see the “To Obtain This Application Note” section at the end of this article.
Confusion about styles usually arises because of the difference between formatting applied manually through menu choices and ruler settings and formatting applied through styles. Although the appearance of the text is the same, the method used to apply the formatting governs what happens when additional formatting is applied. The two types of formatting, character and paragraph, can be applied with either of these two methods, which are fully discussed in the above-mentioned application note.
TO OBTAIN THIS APPLICATION NOTE
- Application Notes are available by modem from the Microsoft Download Service (MSDL), which you can reach by calling (206) 936-6735. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The highest download speed available is 14,400 bits per second (bps). For more information about using the MSDL, call (800) 936-4100 and follow the prompts. To obtain MW0168, download MW0168.SEA. MW0168.SEA is a compressed, self-extracting file. After you download MW0168.SEA, run it to extract the file(s) it contains.
- You can have this Application Note mailed or faxed to you from the automated Microsoft FastTips Technical Library, which you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 936-4100.
- If you are unable to access the source(s) listed above, you can have this Application Note mailed or faxed to you by calling Microsoft Product Support Services Monday through Friday, 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Pacific time at (206) 635-7200. If you are outside the United States, contact the Microsoft subsidiary for your area. To locate your subsidiary, call Microsoft International Customer Service at (206) 936-8661.
KBCategory: kbusage kbappnote KBSubCategory: Additional reference words: 3.00 4.00 5.00 macword macword5 ====================================================================== ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1997.