Microsoft KB Archive/49817
Word: Tables (Appnote)
PSS ID Number: Q49817 Article last modified on 03-07-1997
====================================================================== 4.00 5.00 MACINTOSH kbusage kbappnote
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Word for the Macintosh versions 4.0, 5.0|
The following information describes how to create and use tables in version 4.0 of Microsoft Word for the Macintosh. This information is available as part of an application note titled “MW0169: Tables.”
You can obtain this Application Note from the following sources:
- Microsoft Download Service (MSDL)
- Microsoft FastTips Technical Library
- Microsoft Product Support Services
For complete information, see the “To Obtain This Application Note” section at the end of this article.
Using Word’s table feature, it is easy to arrange text in rows and columns without setting numerous tabs on the ruler. Tables make it possible to do the following:
- Control column alignment, width, and spacing.
- Create paragraphs that align side-by-side and that wrap within a column without disrupting the alignment of adjacent columns.
- Add horizontal and vertical lines to highlight certain areas.
- Add or delete rows or columns.
TO OBTAIN THIS APPLICATION NOTE
- Application Notes are available by modem from the Microsoft Download Service (MSDL), which you can reach by calling (206) 936-6735. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The highest download speed available is 14,400 bits per second (bps). For more information about using the MSDL, call (800) 936-4100 and follow the prompts. To obtain MW0169, download MW0169.SEA. MW0169.SEA is a compressed, self-extracting file. After you download MW0169.SEA, run it to extract the file(s) it contains.
- You can have this Application Note mailed or faxed to you from the automated Microsoft FastTips Technical Library, which you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 936-4100.
- If you are unable to access the source(s) listed above, you can have this Application Note mailed or faxed to you by calling Microsoft Product Support Services Monday through Friday, 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Pacific time at (206) 635-7200. If you are outside the United States, contact the Microsoft subsidiary for your area. To locate your subsidiary, call Microsoft International Customer Service at (206) 936-8661.
KBCategory: kbusage kbappnote KBSubCategory: kbtable Additional reference words: macword macword5 4.00 5.0 5.00 ====================================================================== ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1997.