Microsoft KB Archive/49078
PowerPoint: Lost Indent Markers on Text Ruler PSS ID Number: Q49078 Article last modified on 06-03-1991 PSS database name: M_PowerPt
1.00 1.01 2.00 2.01
For text created with the Microsoft PowerPoint word processor tool, if the indent markers are pushed or dragged beyond the right edge of the text ruler, it may be difficult or impossible to retrieve them. To regain access to the indent markers, try making the word processing object wider, and then showing the text ruler.
If the indents are still not all visible, try the following steps:
- Select Wide (landscape) orientation and legal size paper.
- Click the Options button and select the Larger Print Area (Fewer Downloadable Fonts) option. Click OK.
- Click OK again.
- For Slide Dimensions, if you are using PowerPoint version 1.00 or 1.01, select the Size option. Otherwise, select the For Printer option. Click OK.
- Drag the word processing object as far to the left as possible.
- Expand the width of the word processing object as far to the right as possible. From the Text menu, choose Show Text Ruler.
- If the indent markers are still not visible, try selecting the text and then copying and pasting it into a new word processing object.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here as it becomes available.
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1991.