Microsoft KB Archive/48076
Word: Sending Control Codes to the ImageWriter
PSS ID Number: Q48076 Article last modified on 03-07-1997
====================================================================== 3.00 3.01 3.02 4.00 MACINTOSH kbprint
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Word for the Macintosh, versions 3.0 , 3.01, 3.02, 4.0|
To send control codes to the ImageWriter printer, use the serial printer driver instead of the ImageWriter driver. The following steps provide an example of sending control codes to the ImageWriter; in this example, the steps send the codes for Condensed print to the ImageWriter:
- Make sure that both the Serial printer driver and the Typewriter driver are copied into the System Folder.
- Select Serial Printer in the Chooser and click Typewriter printer type.
- Close the Chooser.
- Locate the ASCII codes needed for condensed print in the back of the ImageWriter manual (ASCII 27 and 113 for condensed print).
- Press COMMAND+OPTION+Q; this brings up the word “Code” in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Type in the ASCII code needed and press RETURN (only one code can be entered at a time).
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for all necessary codes (ASCII 27 and 113 in this example).
Please note that these steps place various characters in your document while editing. When sent to the printer, these characters are evaluated only as codes; they are not printed.
KBCategory: kbprint KBSubCategory: Additional reference words: macword macword5 ====================================================================== ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1997.