Microsoft KB Archive/47868
Word: Importing GEM Files
PSS ID Number: Q47868 Article last modified on 11-02-1994
Digital Research GEM files cannot be directly imported into Word Version 5.00.
The recommended method for importing GEM files is to use Word’s CAPTURE utility to capture a GEM screen image. Use the following steps to perform this procedure:
- Start CAPTURE by typing CAPTURE/S. This command brings up CAPTURE’s Setup menu.
- Choose the D option to select a display adapter and choose 19, 20, 21, or 22 as your display adapter.
- Put CAPTURE in the background and load the GEM application.
- Execute the command to have the GEM image appear on the full screen.
- Invoke CAPTURE and copy the GEM image to an .SCR file, which can be imported into Word with the Library Link Graphics command.
KBCategory: kbother kbgraphic KBSubcategory: Additional reference words: ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1994.