Microsoft KB Archive/47623
Using the Toshiba PageLaser II with Windows
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows versions 2.03, 2.1, 2.11, 3.0, 3.0a
To use the Toshiba PageLaser II with Windows, the printer must be placed in HP emulation mode.
Instructions for placing the printer in HP emulation mode are as follows:
- Turn off the printer and install the emulation cartridge that comes with the printer in the top font cartridge slot labeled "fonts/emulation". This emulation cartridge allows the printer to emulate a number of different printers.
- Press the Select switch to take the printer off line.
- Use the Next and Previous buttons under Display Option until EMULATION is displayed on the LCD panel.
- Use the Next and Previous buttons under Change Value to select the HP emulation mode.
- The printer has now been temporarily placed in HP emulation mode for the current session. To store this emulation mode in memory for future sessions, the mode switch (located inside the right side door of machine) must be switched to the maintenance/setup (up) position, not the default normal position. When this switch is in the maintenance/setup (up) position, any changes are stored in memory and take effect the next time you power up the machine.
For further information regarding the Toshiba PageLaser II, contact Toshiba Technical Support.
The products included here are manufactured by vendors independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Additional query words: 3.0 3.0a 3.00 3.00a KBHW 3rdparty
Issue type :
Technology : kbWin3xSearch kbWin203 kbWin210 kbWin211 kbWin300 kbWin300a
Last Reviewed: December 16, 2000