Microsoft KB Archive/46885
Word: Transferring Files from MacWrite II to Microsoft Word PSS ID Number: Q46885 Article last modified on 08-17-1993 PSS database name: APpsConV
3.00 3.01 3.02 4.00
To transfer files from MacWrite II to Microsoft Word for the Macintosh versions 3.x or 4.0, first save the file in Word 3.0 format.
Note: Microsoft Word 5.0 has a built in converter which opens MacWrite files.
The complete steps for transferring files from MacWrite II to Microsoft Word are as follows:
- In MacWrite II, from the File menu, choose Save As.
- Click “All Available,” and select the Microsoft Word version 3.0 or 4.0 format. The folder “Claris Translators” on the MacWrite Reference disk contains translator utilities for Word version 3.0 and 4.0 formats. These translators must be in the same folder as the MacWrite II icon before you can see the “Show: All Available” option in the Open Dialog box.
- Type a name for the file, and click Save.
- Quit MacWrite II, and start Word version 3.x or 4.0.
- From the File menu, choose Open. Locate the file that was just saved from MacWrite II and click Open.
Make sure the MacWrite II version is the latest release. According to Claris technical support, there were problems with the earlier versions that were corrected in MacWrite II, version 1.1 v2.
Note: You cannot copy and paste graphics from the MacWrite II format to Word. To include graphics, you must use the procedure outlined above.
Additional reference words: 3.00 3.01 3.02 4.00
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1993.