Microsoft KB Archive/46864
Reasons for Upgrading to Bitstream Fontware 2.00
PSS ID Number: Q46864 Article last modified on 11-02-1994
The following list gives several reasons for upgrading to Bitstream Fontware version 2.00, which is compatible with Word versions 5.00 and 5.50:
- Time and space estimates are accurate.
- The problem of creating the proper printer driver to access monospace fonts has been corrected.
- Errors 01 and Error 04: “Unable to locate to hard disk” have been corrected.
- Downloading to PostScript printers is different in Fontware version 2.00. Fontware version 2.00 eliminates the need for a download batch file because Word version 5.00 can download PostScript typefaces and can scale these fonts.
- Fontware version 2.00 creates a Word version 5.00 printer driver that eliminates the need to use Word’s MERGEPRD utility to upgrade a Fontware version 1.00-created driver. In addition, typefaces purchased for Bitstream Fontware version 1.00 can also be used in version 2.00.
KBCategory: kbprint KBSubcategory: Additional reference words: ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1994.