Microsoft KB Archive/44580
Gantt Dragging Limited to the Screen
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Project for Windows, versions 1.0, 3.0, 4.0
- Microsoft Project for the Macintosh, versions 1.1, 3.0, 4.0
Dragging Gantt bars (either to increase the duration or move the starting date) is limited to the Gantt screen area. Therefore, the Gantt window will not follow the dragging movement of the mouse like it will from a sheet view.
To drag a Gantt bar to a date beyond what is visible on screen you can:
- Increase the size of the Gantt screen area by dragging the vertical split bar to the left.
- Alternately drag the Gantt bar and scroll the timescale.
- Shrink the timescale so that more fits on the screen.
Additional query words: 1.00 3.00 4.00 1.10
Issue type : kbhowto
Last Reviewed: November 3, 2000