Microsoft KB Archive/44117
Bookmark Is Lost When Copied to the Windows Clipboard
PSS ID Number: Q44117 Article last modified on 01-24-1995
5.00 5.50 6.00
If you copy text containing a bookmark to the Clipboard, the bookmark reference is lost. This problem only occurs if you are running Windows.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Start Windows. Start Word by clicking on the WORD.PIF file.
- Select some text. From the Format menu (Word 5.0), choose bookmarK, or from the Insert menu (Word 5.5), choose Bookmark.
- Copy the selected text to the Clipboard. In Word 5.0, choose Copy, type “clipboard”, and press ENTER. In Word 5.5, from the Edit menu, choose Glossary, type “clipboard”, choose Define, and press Enter.
- Open a second window and insert the clipboard contents. In Word 5.0, choose Insert, type “clipboard”, and press ENTER. In Word 5.5, from the Insert menu, choose Glossary, type “clipboard”, and press ENTER.
- In Word 5.0, choose Jump bookmarK and press F1. In Word 5.5, from the Edit menu, choose Go To. Notice that the bookmark list is empty. Copying to the clipboard did not retain the bookmark reference.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information as it becomes available.
KBCategory: kbother KBSubcategory: Additional reference words: 5.00 5.50 ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1995.