Microsoft KB Archive/42884
Word: Network Drive Added in Other Screen Group Not Recognized
PSS ID Number: Q42884 Article last modified on 01-24-1995
A newly added network drive will not be listed when you do the following:
- Start Word in one screen group.
- Press CTRL+F7; note the available drives.
- Switch to another screen group.
- Connect to a network drive.
- Switch back to the Word screen group.
- Press CTRL+F7; note that the newly added network drive is not listed.
The driver can be accessed to load or save a file, but the enumerated Transfer Load menu does not list the drive.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Word version 5.00. This problem was corrected in Word version 5.50.
After switching to another screen group, adding a new network drive, and then switching back to Word 5.50, the directory list box will display the new drive. However, if such a list box was showing when you switched out of Word, that list box will not be updated until you close the list box and start it again.
KBCategory: kbother kbnetwork KBSubcategory: Additional reference words: os2
============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1995.