Microsoft KB Archive/41582
Article ID: 41582
Article Last Modified on 11/21/2006
- Microsoft QuickBasic 2.0
- Microsoft QuickBasic 2.01
- Microsoft QuickBasic 3.0
- Microsoft QuickBasic 4.0
- Microsoft QuickBASIC 4.0b
- Microsoft QuickBasic 4.5 for MS-DOS
- Microsoft BASIC Compiler 6.0
- Microsoft BASIC Compiler 6.0b
- Microsoft BASIC Professional Development System 7.0
- Microsoft BASIC Professional Development System 7.1
This article was previously published under Q41582
Amdek has a keyboard driver called CLREPC.EXE to help with keyboard incompatibilities with QuickBasic. To obtain this file, you can call an Amdek regional office at (312) 364-1180. This program is not guaranteed by Microsoft to work properly and is only mentioned for your information.
It is best to create a batch file that loads the CLREPC.EXE driver and then invokes QuickBasic. The following is a sample batch file:
clrepc C:\<PATH NAME>\QB set epc
This loads the driver, runs QuickBasic, and then resets the keyboard after you exit QuickBasic.
This keyboard correction does not let you highlight text with the extended-keyboard cursor keys; instead, you must use the numeric keypad with the SHIFT key.
Additional query words: QuickBas BasicCom