Microsoft KB Archive/41273
Clear All Doesn’t Work with Multiple Paragraph Selection
PSS ID Number: Q41273 Article last modified on 03-07-1997
====================================================================== 4.00 MACINTOSH kbusage SUMMARY ======= ———————————————————————- The information in this article applies to:
- == Microsoft Word for the Macintosh, version 4.0 ==
In Microsoft Word for the Macintosh version 4.0, if you use the Clear All button in the Format Paragraph Tabs dialog box to clear tabs from a selection containing multiple paragraphs, some of the tab stops in paragraphs other than the first may not clear.
The Clear All button clears all of the tabs common to the first paragraph if multiple paragraphs with different tabs are selected. For example, if the first paragraph of a selection has a tab set at 1 inch and the second paragraph has tab sets at 1 and 2 inches, the Clear All button only clears the first tab in the second paragraph.
To quickly work around this problem, you can reapply the Normal style to the selection. However, this also clears all other manually applied character and paragraph formats to the selection.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Word for the Macintosh version 4.0. We are researching this problem and will post new information here as it becomes available.
To remove all the tabs from a selection of text, do the following:
- Select the first paragraph in the text.
- From the Format menu, choose Paragraph.
- In the Paragraph dialog box, click the Tabs button.
- In the Tabs dialog box, click the Clear All button.
- Click the OK button in the Tabs dialog box and in the Paragraph dialog box.
- Select the rest of the text that the tabs need to be cleared from.
- From the Edit menu, choose Format Again.
This should clear all the tabs from the paragraphs.
KBCategory: kbusage KBSubCategory: kbformat Additional reference words: 4.00 macword macword5 ====================================================================== ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1997.