Microsoft KB Archive/40913
Article ID: 40913
Article Last Modified on 12/3/2003
- Microsoft SQL Server 4.21a Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q40913
Rules and triggers are ignored when you BCP data into a database.
Rules and triggers are ignored by BCP when data is being load into SQL Server. This is to ensure the data is loaded into the database in the fast manner possible.
If it is necessary to have the rules and triggers enforced, one of the following methods should be used:
- Load the data into an intermediate table and then use INSERT statements to load the original table.
- Examine the data file before loading.
- Write the application to load the data using INSERT statements.
Additional query words: BCP Transact-SQL Triggers Rules