Microsoft KB Archive/40393
Word Message: Enter Y to Overwrite Glossary, N to Retype…
PSS ID Number: Q40393 Article last modified on 11-02-1994
4.00 5.00 5.50 6.00
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Word for MS-DOS versions 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0|
Word Message: “Enter Y to Overwrite Glossary, N to Retype, or ESC to Cancel”
Word displays this message when it is asked to copy to or delete a glossary entry that already exists. Do one of the following:
- Press the “Y” key to overwrite the existing entry.
- Press the “N” key to enter another name for the new entry.
- Press the ESC key to cancel the command. If this message appears while you are in the Copy command after recording a macro, press the ESC key to cancel the current macro record session and the macro.
Word versios 5.5, 6.0 display the message “Do you want to replace the existing glossary entry? ok cancel” when you try to define a glossary entry with a name of one that already exists. Do one of the following:
- Press ENTER to overwrite the existing entry.
- Press the ESC key or “C” for cancel to cancel the command.
KBCategory: kbother KBSubcategory: Additional reference words: 4.00 5.00 5.50 6.00 ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1994.