Microsoft KB Archive/39322
Works: Formula Not Deleted When File Is Saved
PSS ID Number: Q39322 Article last modified on 10-16-1998
1.00 1.05 2.00 3.00
====================================================================== 1.00 1.05 2.00 3.00 MS-DOS kbother
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Works for MS-DOS, versions 1.x, 2.0, and 3.0|
If the last change before saving a Works database was to delete a formula (by pressing the DEL key), the change will not be saved with the file. To work around this problem, create an empty formula by pressing “=” (without the quotation marks) and press ENTER. The formula will be blanked out.
Use the following procedure to duplicate the problem:
- Open a new Database file.
- Go to the List Screen.
- Enter numbers in the first two columns.
- Enter the formula =field1+field2 in the third column.
- With the cursor in the first row of the third column, press the DEL key and then press ENTER.
- Execute File Close and, if prompted, press ENTER to save the changes.
- Execute File Open and load the file that was just closed.
The formula will be in the third column again.
Microsoft is aware of this problem and will post new information here as it becomes available.
KBCategory: kbother KBSubcategory: dworkskb
Additional reference words: 1.00 1.05 2.00 3.00
Version : 1.00 1.05 2.00 3.00 Platform : MS-DOS ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1998.