Microsoft KB Archive/39238
Article ID: 39238
Article Last Modified on 11/21/2006
- Microsoft QuickBasic 4.5 for MS-DOS
This article was previously published under Q39238
The QB Advisor on-line help in QuickBasic Version 4.50 fails to find the example for the ERASE statement when the <example> hyperlink button is chosen for that statement. QB Advisor displays "File AB45ADVR.HLP not found" in a dialog box and prompts you to reset the environment path or insert the disk with that file.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in Microsoft QuickBasic Version 4.50. The problem does not occur in the QuickBasic Extended (QBX) environment which comes with Microsoft Basic Professional Development System (PDS) Version 7.00 (fixlist7.00).
To work around this problem, first select ERASE <detail> information and then choose ERASE <example>.
Note: There is no file in QuickBasic Version 4.50 called AB45ADVR.HLP, but there is one called QB45ADVR.HLP. QB45ADVR is misspelled as AB45ADVR in the error message.
A test of the other keywords in QB Advisor showed no other words give the message "File AB45ADVR.HLP not found".
The following is a more roundabout workaround:
- After entering the QB Advisor, choose the help INDEX.
- Choose the EOF Function (two before ERASE on the list).
- Choose the EOF Function example, then press CTRL+F1 (or select <Next>). This will put you in the window for the ERASE statement.
- Choose the ERASE <example> and it will come up on the screen.
Additional query words: QuickBas buglist4.50