Microsoft KB Archive/39177
Mac Daisy Link: Supported Serial Printers PSS ID Number: Q39177 Article last modified on 05-20-1991 PSS database name: M_DaisyLnk
The following printers are supported by the Mac Daisy Link driver with Microsoft Word version 4.00:
Brother HR Series Diablo 630 NEC 7710 Qume LetterPro 20 Apple DaisyWheel
Other letter-quality printers should work correctly (with limited formatting) with the MDL driver in typewriter mode; however, specific compatibilities with this mode are not guaranteed.
To install the driver, do the following:
- Drag the Mac Daisy Link icon into the System Folder on the disk from which you start your computer.
- From the Apple menu, choose the Chooser.
- Select the MDL icon (specify the correct printer port). Close the Chooser dialog.
To select the appropriate mode for your printer, do the following:
- Start Microsoft Word version 4.00.
- From the File menu, choose Page Setup.
- Click the Options button.
- Click the Printers button.
- Click your choice of printer mode. Click OK.
- Make sure the Communications settings are correct for your printer. See your printer’s manual for the correct settings.
- Click OK.
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1991.