Microsoft KB Archive/38668
Article ID: 38668
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 1.37
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.0
This article was previously published under Q38668
Microsoft Mail (PC Client) will not run under versions of Windows/386 prior to version 2.10. In Windows/386, you have the option to run applications in Window or Full Screen mode and in one of three tasking options: Foreground, Background, and Exclusive. To run Mail within Windows/386, do the following:
- Start Windows/386.
- In the MS-DOS Executive window, run the MAIL386.PIF file. This file is automatically copied to your Mail directory by the Setup program. A window will appear with the DOS prompt.
- At the DOS prompt, type the appropriate command to start AppleTalk with the network card you have installed in your system.
- Type notifier to start the Notifier and sign in to the Mail system.
- Type mail to open your mailbox.
- When you're finished with your mailbox, choose Exit from the File menu to return to the MS-DOS Executive window while remaining signed in to the Mail system.
If you are viewing the Mail window, an alert box will alert you to the arrival of new mail in your mailbox. If you are working with an application in Windows/386 and new mail arrives, you will hear a chime if you've chosen that option in Mail's Preferences window.
Note: If you are using a TOPS FlashCard to connect your PC workstation to the AppleTalk network, you cannot run Mail under Microsoft Windows.
Additional query words: 1.37 2.00 3.00