Microsoft KB Archive/38545
Word Err Msg: Bad Command or File Name
PSS ID Number: Q38545 Article last modified on 11-02-1994
4.00 5.00 5.50 6.00
Word Error Message: “Bad Command or File Name”
You chose Library Run, but DOS cannot find the program or command that you typed.
Do one of the following:
- Check your typing and retype correctly if necessary.
- If you have a disk system, make sure that COMMAND.COM is on the disk.
- Check the disk for the program or command you want to run.
- Insert the correct disk if necessary.
- You might have typed an incorrect path to the program or command. Re-enter the program or command.
- If you typed a DOS internal command, run COMMAND.COM, then retry the command.
In Word version 5.50, select File DOS Commands (ALT, F, D) and enter Command to shell out to DOS.
KBCategory: kbother kberrmsg KBSubcategory: Additional reference words: ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1994.