Microsoft KB Archive/35677
Multiplan: Characters Print Shifted One Space to the Right PSS ID Number: Q35677 Article last modified on 04-08-1991 PSS database name: D_MPlan
Microsoft Multiplan spreadsheets that contain cells formatted for centered alignment may print out with all characters in one or more rows shifted one character to the right. This problem may occur even though everything is correctly lined up on the worksheet on the screen. It results from the conversion that takes place when a worksheet from an earlier version is loaded into Multiplan version 4.00.
In some cases, the problem can be avoided by doing the following:
- Load the original spreadsheet into the version of Multiplan in which it was created.
- Save it with Transfer Options set to SYLK (Symbolic format).
- Load the worksheet into version 4.00 with Transfer Options set to SYLK; or, if the worksheet has already been saved in version 4.00, try loading the sheet into version 4.00, and then save it as SYLK.
- Clear the screen once the file is saved and load the file into Multiplan in SYLK format.
- Resave the file in Normal format.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Multiplan version 4.00. This problem was corrected in Multiplan version 4.20. Updated or new Microsoft software can be ordered in the US by contacting Microsoft End User Sales and Service at (800) 426-9400. If calling from outside the US, contact Microsoft International Customer Service at (206) 936-8661.
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1991.