Microsoft KB Archive/35314
Word 5.00: Importing a Windows Metafile
PSS ID Number: Q35314 Article last modified on 01-24-1995
Word Version 5.00 does not import Windows metafiles because of the complexity of the task. As a consequence, the only way to import Microsoft Excel charts is by copying them to the Windows Clipboard as bitmaps, using the following procedure:
- Select the chart in Excel.
- Select the Edit menu while holding down the SHIFT key.
- Select the Copy Picture command while holding down the SHIFT key.
- Select “as shown on screen” while holding down the SHIFT key.
- Press ENTER or click OK while holding down the SHIFT key.
- Close Excel.
Inside Word Version 5.00, you may import the chart in the Windows Clipboard by either choosing Clipboard in the “filename:” field of the Library Link Graphics command, or executing the Insert Clipboard command.
KBCategory: kbother kbgraphic KBSubcategory: Additional reference words: ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1995.