Microsoft KB Archive/35308
Changing Number of Columns on the Same Page
PSS ID Number: Q35308 Article last modified on 11-02-1994
Word version 5.00 added the ability to combine the number of columns on a page and to balance the columns in the first division by doing the following:
First Set of Columns
- Press ALT+F4 to turn on show layout.
- Choose Format Division Layout.
- In the “number of columns:” field, type the number of columns you want.
- In the “space between columns:” field, type a measurement for space between columns.
- In the “division break:” field, select continuous.
- Press ENTER.
Second Set of Columns
- Press CTRL+ENTER to start a new division.
- Change the settings in the “number of columns:” and “space between columns:” fields.
Only the number of columns will change when you start the new division. If the new division has a different page size or different margins, the changes will take effect only on the next page.
Note: Documents formatted with continuous division breaks under Word version 4.00 will not have the same page breaks when printed under Word version 5.00.
KBCategory: kbother KBSubcategory: Additional reference words:
============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1994.