Microsoft KB Archive/35151
Article ID: 35151
Article Last Modified on 11/21/2006
- Microsoft QuickBASIC 4.0b
- Microsoft QuickBasic 4.5 for MS-DOS
- Microsoft BASIC Compiler 6.0
- Microsoft BASIC Compiler 6.0b
- Microsoft BASIC Professional Development System 7.0
This article was previously published under Q35151
It has been reported that the WYSE 1400, a computer based on the Intel 8086 processor, is not compatible with QuickBasic version 4.00 because the keyboard cannot be accessed by compiled programs. Although the screen is recognized by QuickBasic, any INPUT or INKEY$ reportedly hangs the system. OPENing the "KYBD:" device name as a file does not correct the problem.
Microsoft has not confirmed or tested this information. Corrections to this information can be reported to Microsoft Technical Support.
Additional query words: QuickBas BasicCom