Microsoft KB Archive/34669
Article ID: 34669
Article Last Modified on 10/23/2003
- Microsoft LINK for MS-DOS 3.x
- Microsoft LINK for MS-DOS 4.x
- Microsoft LINK for MS-DOS 5.1x
- Microsoft LINK for MS-DOS 5.3
- Microsoft LINK for MS-DOS 5.31.009
- Microsoft LINK for MS-DOS 5.5
- Microsoft LINK for MS-DOS 5.6
- Microsoft LINK for OS/2 5.3
This article was previously published under Q34669
An attempt to link an application fails and Microsoft LINK generates the following message:
LINK generates this error when a problem occurs with the disk that holds the temporary linker-output file. This disk can be a floppy disk, a hard disk, or a RAM disk. Most likely, one of the following occurred:
- The disk that holds the temporary file was removed from its drive.
- The disk that holds the temporary file has insufficient space to hold the file.
Make sure that the disk is available and that is has enough free space to contain the linker-output file. If the error persists, change the TMP environment variable to specify a directory on a hard disk instead of a RAM disk.
Additional query words: 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.51 3.55 3.60 3.61 3.64 3.65 3.69 4.06 4.07 4.10 5.01.20 5.01.21 5.10 5.13 5.15 5.30 5.31.009 5.50 5.60
Keywords: kb16bitonly KB34669