Microsoft KB Archive/256620
Article ID: 256620
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q256620
When you remove a network adapter from a computer, the configuration information for the adapter remains stored in the registry in case you reinstall the adapter in the computer.
When you are using the System Preparation tool (Sysprep) to deploy Windows 2000 on computers with a different network adapter, this behavior may be inappropriate.
To remove the configuration information, use Device Manager to uninstall the network adapter before running Sysprep:
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
- Expand the Network Adapters branch.
- Click the network adapter, and then click Uninstall on the Action menu.
Additional query words: lana lanacfg
Keywords: kbenv kbhardware kbinfo KB256620