Microsoft KB Archive/256426
Article ID: 256426
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server
This article was previously published under Q256426
The Password field of the New Resource Mailbox window is limited to 32 characters, which limits the password length to 32 characters for all Conferencing Resource mailboxes. This window opens when you create or modify a Conferencing Resource mailbox.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server.
To add a Conferencing Resource mailbox, follow these steps:
- Start Exchange System Manager (ESM).
- Navigate to:
OrgName (Exchange)\Administrative Groups\Conferencing server administrative group\Conferencing
- If nothing is listed under the Conferencing object, right-click the Conferencing object, and then click Manage. Click the appropriate site from the drop-down list, and then click OK.
- Right-click the SiteName Conferencing Site object, and then click Properties.
- On the Resources tab, click Add.
- Type the appropriate information in the Display name, and Logon name boxes.
- Type the password, and then confirm the password.
- Select the Exchange server and Mailbox store to home the Resources mailbox option, and then click OK.
Additional query words: XCCC
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix KB256426