Microsoft KB Archive/256278
Article ID: 256278
Article Last Modified on 8/9/2000
- Microsoft Index Server 2.0
This article was previously published under Q256278
When you reinstall Index Server, the following error message may occur:
After Setup, the Index Server search pages do not function correctly.
This error message occurs when there are newer versions of the Index Server DLLs on the computer and Setup is not allowed to overwrite them. The mismatched DLLs break both the Index Server Setup and the search pages.
To resolve this problem, perform the following steps:
- Run the Windows NT Option Pack Setup program. To uninstall Index Server, click to uncheck the Index Server check box.
- In the Winnt/System32 folder, remove the Idq.dll, Infosoft.dll, and Query.dll files if they exist.
- Run the Windows Option Pack Setup. Click the Index Server check box to install it.
- During installation, if you are prompted to overwrite newer files, click Yes. This will install all the original index files on the computer.Note: You need to re-apply any Windows NT Service Packs that were on the computer before removing Index Server.
Keywords: kbprb kbpending KB256278