Microsoft KB Archive/256210
Article ID: 256210
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q256210
This article describes how to configure NetZero (version 2.0) to work with Windows 2000. NetZero is a free Internet service provider (ISP) that requires software to be used to connect to the Internet.
back to the top
- Install the NetZero software.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Network and Dial-up Connections.
- Locate the NetZero connection, and then delete it.
- Start the Make New Connection Wizard, and then click Next.
- Click Dial-up to Internet, and then click Next.
- Click I want to set up my internet connection manually or I want to connect through a local area connection (LAN), and then click Next.
- Click I connect through a phone and a modem, and then click Next.
- Type 9999999 for the phone number, and then click Next.
- Type NetZero User and no password, and then click Next.
- Set the connect name to NetZero, and then click Next.
- When you are prompted to set up an e-mail account, click No, and then click Next.
- Click to clear the To connect to the Internet immediately, select this box and then finish check box, and then click Finish.
- Start the NetZero software. The program should now dial the phone number that is configured in the software.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
back to the top
Keywords: kb3rdparty kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB256210