Microsoft KB Archive/256193
Article ID: 256193
Article Last Modified on 10/20/2000
- Microsoft Publisher 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q256193
If you choose the Typical installation option when you install Microsoft Publisher 2000, only a selection of the available fonts are installed.
Depending on the configuration of your computer, approximately 112 of the 205 available fonts are installed. This smaller set of fonts is installed to prevent performance issues that may occur if an excessive number of fonts are installed on your computer.
NOTE: The exact number of fonts required to cause problems in Microsoft Windows depends upon several factors, including the specific fonts and the version of Windows that is installed on the computer.
If a Typical installation of Publisher 2000 is installed on your computer, follow these steps to install the remaining available fonts:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Double-click Microsoft Publisher 2000 or Microsoft Office 2000 Disc 2.
- Click Add or Remove Features.
- Click the PLUS SIGN (+) next to Office Tools to expand the branch.
- Click the icon next to Fonts, and then click Run all from My Computer.
- Click Update Now.
- Close Control Panel.
Additional query words: mspub pub2k 9.0 pub9
Keywords: kbinfo kbsetup KB256193