Microsoft KB Archive/256037
Article ID: 256037
Article Last Modified on 4/7/2005
- Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0
- Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro
- Microsoft IntelliMouse USB
- Microsoft IntelliMouse with IntelliEye
- Microsoft Wheel Mouse 2.0
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 3.1
This article was previously published under Q256037
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
You cannot use the wheel on any of the pointing devices listed at the beginning of this article to scroll in the Microsoft Outlook 2000 address book.
In addition, you may be unable to use the wheel to scroll through plain text messages in Outlook 2000.
This behavior is by design.
Outlook 2000 is listed on the "Exceptions for Universal Scrolling" list.
You may be able to enable scrolling by following these steps:
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Start Registry Editor.
Locate the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Microsoft Input Devices\Mouse\Exceptions\23
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type EnableScroll, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click the EnableScroll DWORD value.
- In the Value Data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Additional query words: 1.00 3.10 intelli point mouse wheel wab scrolls
Keywords: kbhardware kbenv kbprb KB256037