Microsoft KB Archive/255849
Article ID: 255849
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255849
This article describes how to set up public folder journaling for public folder contacts.
To set up public folder journaling for public folder contacts:
- Create both a Contacts and a Journal public folder.
- In the properties of the Contacts public folder, click the Activities tab, click New, and then find the Journal public folder that you created in step 1 and select it. Click OK.
- Create a new journal entry in the Journal public folder, click Contact on the bottom left, and then choose a contact from the Contacts public folder that you created in step 1.
- After you save the journal entry, open the contact and click the Activities tab. The journal entry is listed there. The autojournal feature is only available for personal mailboxes.
NOTE: For Contacts public folders, you can include only one folder in each Activities group. For example, you cannot set up an Activities group that includes both a Journal public folder and a Client Calendar public folder.
Additional query words: OL2000
Keywords: kbhowto KB255849