Microsoft KB Archive/255777
Article ID: 255777
Article Last Modified on 3/4/2000
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255777
When you install Outlook, Setup may stop responding. You may receive the following error message:
Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Outlook Express files are missing or corrupted.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Uninstall Outlook:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Outlook 98, click Add/Remove, and then follow the instructions in the Uninstall Wizard.
- Reinstall the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer. When you do this, any missing or damaged files are replaced.
- Reinstall Outlook.
Outlook shares files that you install with Internet Explorer. Your computer uses these files for common HTML or Internet mail service-based tasks such as Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) connections, Outlook Today Web Page view, and the Active Setup.
The Active Setup.log file may show the following entry:
****** Install for component - MailNews****** Dependency check - BASEIE40_Win OnStartComponent: ID: MailNews Download: 0 KB Install 2304 KB Space remaining on windows drive: 1100448 CheckTrust: C:\WINNT\msdownld.tmp\ASE001.tmp\MAILNEWS.CAB, Result: 0 (OK) File extraction: C:\WINNT\msdownld.tmp\ASE001.tmp\MAILNEWS.CAB, Result: 0 (OK) Launching Inf - inf: C:\WINNT\msdownld.tmp\ASE001.tmp\msimn.inf, section: Default Inf failed - return code 8007007f Timing rates: Download: 0, Install 60000 OnStopComponent: ID: MailNews HRESULT: 80004005 (Failed) Phase: 7 Status: 0
Additional query words: 98 Active Setup Ocbytestream@@qae@xz
Keywords: kbnofix kbprb KB255777