Microsoft KB Archive/255764
Article ID: 255764
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255764
When you try to connect to The Microsoft Network (MSN), you may receive the following error message:
You may also receive the following error message when you attempt to connect to an MSN Premier Web page:
You can also reinstall Outlook from the Microsoft Download Center Web site:
The security provider .dll files may be damaged.
To resolve this problem:
- Find and delete the security provider .dll files.
- Reinstall Internet Explorer.
How to Locate and Delete Security Provider .dll Files
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type msapsspc.dll, msnsspc.dll, and then click Find Now.
- In the list of found files, right-click each file, and then click Delete. Delete all instances of each file found.
How to Reinstall Internet Explorer
- Insert the Internet Explorer CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive. Press and hold down the SHIFT key when you insert the Internet Explorer CD-ROM to prevent the CD-ROM Autorun from starting.
- Double-click the My Computer icon.
- Right-click the CD-ROM drive icon, and then click Explore.
- Double-click the IExx folder, where xx is the version of Internet Explorer.
- Double-click the IexSetup.exe file, and then follow the instructions on the screen to install Internet Explorer.
- When you receive the message that says the most recent versions of some or all items are already installed, click Reinstall All Components, and then click OK.
- When you are prompted to restart your computer, click Restart.
You can also reinstall Internet Explorer from the Microsoft Download Center Web site:
Additional query words: Ol97
Keywords: kbprb KB255764