Microsoft KB Archive/255752
Article ID: 255752
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Works Suite 2000
- Microsoft Works Suite 2001
This article was previously published under Q255752
This article describes how to use the Microsoft Windows Address Book and Microsoft Word 2000 to create a mail-merge document in Microsoft Works Suite.
To use the Windows Address Book and Word 2000 in Works Suite to create a mail-merge document:
- Start Works Suite.
- In the Works Task Launcher, click Tasks, and then click Letters & Labels.
- Click Mail-merge documents, and then click Start.
- Under Select document type for mail merge, click one of the following document types, and then click OK:
- Form Letter
- Mailing Labels
NOTE: In this example, Form Letter is selected.
- Click Merge from the Address Book.
- In the document, double-click the insertion point to position the cursor where you want to place the field name.
- On the Mail Merge toolbar, click Insert Merge Field, and then click a field that you want to merge into your document.
- Repeat the previous two steps to place all of the fields that you want to merge.
- On the Mail Merge toolbar, click Merge.
- In the Merge to box, click one of the following destinations:
- New Document
- Electronic mail
- Electronic fax
- Under Records to be merged, select the records that you want to merge.
- Click Merge.
If you click New Document, a new document is created that shows all of the fields on individual pages.
If you click Printer, the merged records are sent directly to the printer without creating a new document.
If you click Electronic mail, the document is sent to the recipient as an attachment to an e-mail message. To send the document as an attachment to an e-mail message, you must merge the Email_Address field into the document.
If you click Electronic fax, the document is sent to the recipient as a fax. To send the document as a fax, you must merge the Business_Fax_Number or the Home_Fax_Number field into the document.
Additional query words: w_works wkssuite works2k w2001 mailmerge wab
Keywords: kbaddin kbhowto kbui KB255752