Microsoft KB Archive/255639
Article ID: 255639
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
This article was previously published under Q255639
This article describes how to disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP in the properties of a dial-up connection or a virtual private network (VPN) connection.
Note There is no Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP option on the WINS tab in the Advanced TCP/IP Settings dialog box of a dial-up or VPN connection as there is on a standard network connection.
back to the top
Disable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP
To disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on a dial-up or VPN connection, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, point to Network and Dial-up Connections, right-click the dial-up connection or VPN connection that you want to modify, and then click Properties.
- Click the Networking tab.
- Click to clear the following check boxes:
- File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
- Client for Microsoft Networks
- Click OK.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
311218 Cannot Change the Binding Order for Remote Access Connections
Additional query words: dun ras binding
Keywords: kbhowtomaster kbhowto KB255639