Microsoft KB Archive/255531
Article ID: 255531
Article Last Modified on 9/1/2006
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q255531
This article describes how to add and remove the interior cockpit views in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000.
By default, the interior cockpit views for each aircraft are stored in the following location
drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2000\Aircraft\
drive is the drive letter for the hard disk on which Flight Simulator 2000 is installed, and
aircraft is the the name of the folder for an installed aircraft.
For example, the interior cockpit views for the Boeing 737-400 are stored by default in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2000\AIRCRAFT\B737_400\PANEL
The interior cockpit views are bitmap (.bmp) files, and are named:
To delete these views, open the Panels folder for the appropriate airplane and then delete the files in this list.
To add or restore these views, uninstall Flight Simulator 2000, and then reinstall Flight Simulator 2000 using either the Typical or Custom installation option.
To remove Flight Simulator 2000:
- Start Flight Simulator 2000.
- On the Flight Simulator 2000 startup screen, click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to remove Flight Simulator 2000.
To reinstall Flight Simulator 2000:
- Insert the Flight Simulator 2000 Disk 1 CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install Flight Simulator 2000. Select the Typical or Custom installation option to install the interior cockpit view for each aircraft.
NOTE: If you select the Custom installation option, click to select the Install interior views check box on the Custom Install Options screen.
Additional query words: msgame flightsim fltsim fs2k fs2000 pro internal views
Keywords: kbdisplay kbhowto kbsetup KB255531