Microsoft KB Archive/255498
Article ID: 255498
Article Last Modified on 9/26/2003
- Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q255498
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
This article lists the steps to follow to ensure that the applications that you create with Microsoft Office Developer Edition (ODE) 97 run correctly in all environments. These steps guide you through downloading the latest patches, and they cross-reference other Knowledge Base articles that discuss the information you need to properly deploy Access 97 run-time applications by using the Setup Wizard.
To ensure that applications that you create by using the Office Developer Edition 97 Setup Wizard are installed correctly on operating systems and workstations with applications that were released after Microsoft Office 97, follow these steps:
- Install ODE 97.
- Install ODE 97 Service Pack 2. For additional information about changes in ODE 97 Service Pack 2 and how to obtain Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Service Pack 2 (ODESP2), click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
173096 ODE97: Summary of Changes in ODE Service Pack 2 (ODESP2)
- Run through the Setup Wizard once to ensure that the path to associated supporting files is correct.
- Install the Setup Wizard Template Files Updater.For additional information about how to obtain the Setup Wizard Template Files Updater and the problems that the Updater corrects, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
179567 ODE97: Setup Wizard Template Files Updater Available in Download Center
- Modify the Setup.stf created by the Setup Wizard to ensure that your application uses the correct executable when Access 2000 is installed on your customer's computer.For additional information about modifying the Setup.stf file, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
248112 ODE97: Access 97 Run-Time Application Incorrectly Uses Access 2000 Executable
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
180284 ODE97: Avoiding Common Mistakes Creating Distributable Run-Time Applications
Additional query words: inf run time run-time runtime acc97 acc2000 app
Keywords: kbhowto KB255498