Microsoft KB Archive/255486
Article ID: 255486
Article Last Modified on 2/26/2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255486
When you log on to Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server by using Outlook Web Access (OWA) and create a new folder that contains illegal characters, you receive an error message that informs you that the name contains illegal characters. When you try to correct the name, the OK button is disabled.
You must cancel and create a new folder with legal characters.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server.
Steps to Reproduce the Problem
- Start the browser (build 5.00.2314.1003).
- Go to http://
- Enter credentials, if required.
- Click Folders in the lower left pane.
- Right-click Public Folders, and then click New Folder. Note that the OK button is available.
- In the Name box, type /////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ TEST
- Click OK. You receive the following error message:
- Click OK.
- Clear the entire name as you typed it.
- In the Name box, type TEST. The OK button is not available. You must click Cancel, and start over.
Additional query words: exch2kp2w
Keywords: kbbug kberrmsg kbpending KB255486