Microsoft KB Archive/255285
Article ID: 255285
Article Last Modified on 2/27/2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255285
This article describes how to create an additional Site Replication Service (SRS) in a mixed site.
NOTE: To create a second SRS, you must have at least two computers running Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server in the same site.
- Start Exchange System Manager on the Exchange 2000 server on which you want to create the SRS, and expand Tools.
- Right-click Site Replication Service, click New, and then click Site Replication Service. When you receive a prompt that states, "Are you sure you want to install a new Site Replication Service on this server (ServerName)," click Yes.
- When you receive a prompt that states, "In order to create a Site Replication Service on the local machine, enter the password for the Exchange service account (Domain\service account)," type the password for the Exchange service account. This creates the SRS. It also creates an associated Configuration Connection Agreement.
Additional query words: x2k55intht
Keywords: kbhowto KB255285